Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm in!

Thanks for the invitation! My goal this summer is to read all the SRC books, ha ha ha. Definately some in each grade and I also want to begin reading Black Eyed Susan Books.

Lately I read Journey to the Bottomless Pit: the Story of Stephen Bishop and Mammoth Cave which is a J book about a slave that was one of the first guides to visitors to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and did most of the exploring of this cave. It's a National Park now and the largest cave in the world. The second largest, somewhere in the Ukraine, is only 1/3 its size. I wanted to read this as we will be there next weekend.

At any rate, I think you can recommend it to any boy with an adventuresome spirit because it's quite interesting how this young man explores this cave basically with a lantern. It would also appeal to anyone intested in African American history. The author is Elizabeth Mitchell.