Monday, March 3, 2008

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: a novel in cartoons by Jeff Kinney


So lots and lots of kids have been requesting this book recently and the sequel just came out. I flipped through this book briefly before it became popular, but since the holds list is humongous, my curiousity really got the best of me.

Let me tell you, the kids are right on the mark with this one. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is told in journal from the voice of a 6th grader and is about the most important parts of his school year- interactions with friends, family and teachers, thoughts about girls and grades and other crazy 12 year old musings. Most importantly this book is HILARIOUS! Seriously this book made me laugh out loud dozens of times. I even got to the point where I was reading parts of it aloud to the boyfriend. That's how good it is.

So anyway, now that I'm done raving for a minute, just let me say that I bought the book because of the holds list, so anyone can borrow it at their leisure. It was a quick read- somewhere between an hour and 1.5 hours.

It's worth it! :)