I hadn't read a Stephen King book since my teenage years (still get chills thinking about "It"), and I didn't really have much desire to read one now, being kind of a scaredy-cat and all. But, while weeding, I had a look at the blurb for this (having been attracted to its bright red cover) and it sounded interesting so I gave it a go.Lisey's Story is about a woman, Lisey Landon, whose famous-author husband Scott died 2 years prior. While cleaning out his office full of papers and memorabilia, Lisey's memories are stirred and through flashbacky episodes, we learn more and more details of their 20+ year marriage, Scott's unimaginable childhood, and his special power that takes him to a place called Boo'ya Moon, a place of startling beauty and unnamable terror. While learning more about Scott and his past, Lisey has to cope with a bevy of sisters, one of whom has gone catatonic, though not before speaking to Lisey in Scott's voice (creepy!), a stalker who starts out wanting Lisey to donate Scott's papers to a university, but eventually just seems to enjoy the stalking and threatening more than the scholarly pursuit, and the lonely existence of a 2-years-gone widow who isn't quite sure how to let go of the man who was the biggest part of her life for so long.
I would recommend this to King fans (older ones though; it probably wouldn't appeal to teens because of the heavy emphasis on the marriage), and to people who like an insight into a relationship, but who don't mind creepy stuff and who are able to suspend their disbelief.