I read about this book on a media specialist's blog earlier this week, ordered it and immediately read it. I hadn't really read anything since my Harry Potter binge, so I was looking for something to get me back into the swing of things.
The Book of One Hundred Truths is a story about a twelve year old girl who is staying with her grandparents (and various other relatives) at the Jersey Shore for two weeks during the summer. Her mother must have sensed before she left that she was having some adolescent issues because at the airport she gives her daughter a blank notebook and instructs her to write down 100 truths this summer. Truths are different than facts and she should expect some sort of discovery at the end of the exercise. Thea (the daughter) reacts as many 12 year olds would... with hesitation mixed with annoyance. She eventually starts writing in the notebook as she learns things about herself and the crazy family she's spending time with. You will never guess the ending until its upon you!
This book really gets better and better as it goes along. I finished it during dinner this afternoon and couldn't believe when Catherine interrupted me! This is a fast read, cataloged as Y Fic, but I really think it could be J.